2014年11月17日月曜日

「Father...Please!」

№184
 Luke
 Vader


You are beaten. It is useless to resist. Don't let yourself be destroyed as Obi-Wan did.

There is no escape. Don't make me destroy you.

you do not yet realize your importance. You have only begun to discover your power. Join me, and I will complete your training. With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to the galaxy.

I'll never join you!

If you only knew the power of the dark side. Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father.

He told me enough. He told me you killed him.


No. I am your father.

No. No...That's not true. That's impossible!

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

No! No!

You can destroy the Emperor. He has foreseen this. It is your destiny. Join me, and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son.

Come with me. It is the only way.




 Luke
 Vader
 Emperor


Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you.

Obi-Wan has taught you well.

I will not fight you, Father.

You are unwise to lower your defenses.

Your thoughts betray you, Father. I feel the good in you, the conflict.

There is no conflict.

You couldn't bring yourself to kill me before, and I don't believe you'll destroy me now.

You underestimate the power of the dark side. If you will not fight, then you will meet your destiny.

Good. Good.

You cannot hide forever, Luke.

I will not fight you.

Give yourself to the dark side. It is the only way you can save your friends. Yes. Your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong...especially for...sister. So you have a twin sister. Your feelings have now betrayed her, too. Obi-Wan was wise to hide her from me. Now his failure is complete. If you will not turn to the dark side, then perhaps she will.

Never!

Good! Your hate has made you powerful. Now, fulfill your destiny and take your father's place at my side.

Never. I'll never turn to the dark side. You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi like my father before me.

So be it, Jedi.

If you will not be turned, you will be destroyed.

Young fool. Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the dark side. You have paid the price for your lack of vision.
Father, please!

Now, young Skywalker...you will die.








 Luke
 Anakin


Help me take this mask off.

But you'll die.

Nothing can stop that now. Just for once...let me...look on you with my own eyes.

Now go, my son. Leave me.

No. You're coming with me. I'll not leave you here. I've got to save you.

You already have, Luke. You were right. You were right about me. Tell your sister...you were right.

Father. I won't leave you.





映画「ジェダイの復讐(←初公開当時の邦題)」で、主人公ルーク・スカイウォーカーが、銀河皇帝に

嬲りものにされまくっている最中に、父であるダース・ベイダー(アナキン・スカイウォーカー)に対して、

苦悶の絶叫と共に発した、助けを求める、あるいは暗黒面からの回帰を願う叫び。「父さん、どうか、

お願いだ...」

浪花節かもしれないが、この後のベイダーのダークサイドからの帰還、そして死、ラストのオビワン、

ヨーダとの共演といった一連の流れはワンセットだ。



別にヘイデン某に恨みはないが、あの場面でオヤヂでないアナキンへの差し替えなど改悪以外の

何物でもない。

当然のことながらイウォーク・セレブレーションも原曲に敵う上書きはありえない。

ルーカス・フィルムはEPⅣ~Ⅵの「オリジナル」を、「なかったこと」にしたいようだが、それはあまりにも

無粋で横暴と言うものだろう。



スターウォーズ

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿